If you are an Indian currently working in a Eurozone country and want to send funds back home, the online transfer is a highly convenient and affordable option. The transfer can either be done directly through an online money transfer service or with the help of a money transfer service and your local bank account. Steps for both are discussed in detail in this post.
A large number of Indians working in the Eurozone countries send funds to their families back in India frequently. Most of them now prefer online money transfer services of reputed Indian banks as they are quick, safe, and affordable. While online transfers are known to be simple and quick, you should know the detailed steps if you are using it for the first time.
Depending on the money transfer service you select, you can either make the transfer through direct bank debit or by initiating the transfer first from a money transfer service and then completing the same from your local bank account. Detailed steps for both of these modes of online transfer are given below-
Direct Bank Debit
In short, direct bank debit requires you to select net-banking as the payment gateway once you initiate a transfer. Note that direct bank transfers are known to have a higher transfer fee.
If you have already selected an online money transfer service, follow these steps for direct bank debit-
- Log into your account
- Select the ‘Transfer Money’ option
- Add beneficiary details, and the amount you’d like to send
- Confirm the details and click on ‘Proceed.’
- You will now be provided witha number of payment options, including debit/credit card, net-banking, etc.
- Click on ‘Net-Banking’ and select the local bank in which you have an account
- You will then be redirected to the online banking portal of your local bank for completing the transfer
Money Transfer Service and Net-Banking of Local Bank
It is possible that the local bank in which you hold an account is not supported by the online money transfer service you select. For such cases, some of the money transfer services allow you to initiate a transfer through them and then complete the same through your local bank account.
In other words, you will initiate a transfer to India by adding details of the beneficiary, amount, etc. You will receive a reference number for the same. Now, you need to log into the online banking portal of your local bank and send the amount you’d like to send to your recipient in India to the account of the money transfer service provider.
You will have to mention the reference number received from the money transfer service in the ‘Payment Reference’ or ‘Message to Recipient’ field. Here are the steps you should follow-
- Log into your money transfer account
- Place a transfer request and add details of the recipient, amount, etc.
- Confirm the transfer and note the ‘Reference Number’
- Copy the bank account details of the service provider
- Log into the online banking portal of your bank
- Request a fund transfer and add the bank details of the service provider
- Mention the Reference Number in the ‘Payment Reference’ or ‘Message to Recipient’ field
- Complete the transfer
Once the service provider receives the fund, it will then send money to India as per the recipient details provided by you.
Online Money Transfer: Simple, Safe, and Quick
Note that the steps to transfer funds from Eurozone countries to India can vary between service providers. So, make sure that you first check the steps on the official website of the service provider before initiating a transfer.
For enhanced safety, transfer a small amount first and only go for a larger amount if everything proceeds as expected.